Summer, as brutal and endless as it can be in Florida, is still so much fun. It’s vacation time, beach time, (birthday time for me!) and rosé time. Oh, and tomato salad time! As August sneaks up on us this weekend, here’s my summer bucket list. I’ve already knocked out a few of these, but I better get started on these other to-do items! They are mostly food-related, duh. Bucket listing inspired by Joy the Baker’s summer bucket list. You should get in on this.
My Summer 2015 Bucket List
- Get a bike.
- Make ice cream.
- Make ice cream cake.
- Make sorbet.
Make popsicles.(Cherry popsicles!)
- Make chimichurri.
- Bake a pie.
Go to an outdoor movie screening.(Jurassic Park, and an attempt at Dazed and Confused.)
- Make romesco.
Try (balayage) highlights. (Totally loving it.)
- Plan a big trip for late 2015 or early 2016. Spain? Argentina? Italy??
- Make sangria. I’m thinking a rosé sangria.
- Eat more tacos.
Go to the beach.
- Go scalloping in Homosassa with Danny and my dad.
- Plant an herb garden in our backyard. Hi, basil, mint, and rosemary.
- Choose the right red for our new front door because… Danny and I bought a house this summer! I am in love with our new home in St. Pete. More pics to come! We’re still unpacking and just finished a maniacal week of painting. In the meantime, help me decide if our front door would look better in Million Dollar Red or Vermilion?
And lemme know because I’m curious… what’s on your summer bucket list? What else should be on mine?