MONDAY. Hope you all had a great weekend celebrating mom and, well, doing your best weekending. Danny’s mom, Kathy, stayed with us this weekend so we brunched and tried a few new-to-us restaurants that I believe are going to become new favorites. I did not do much cooking. I have a saucy chicken dinner that will be making the weeknight and small dinner party rounds at our house coming to a post near you, but til then, I have some links to share with you.
(1) This roundup of thoughts from 25 famous women on female friendships. Hint: they’re the best.
(2) You probably already follow A Cup of Jo, but I’ll mention her here just in case. I really enjoy the content on her lifestyle blog, and she has such a following that sometimes it’s fun just to read through the comments, especially on posts with simple questions. I love her Motherhood Around the World series (it’s fascinating!) and recently I loved this post: 12 Relationship Tips From a Wedding Reporter. This is spot on:
The question to ask before getting married: At the end of the day, marriage is about asking, “Who do you want to sit next to on the couch?” There is so much time on the couch. Who do you want to be next to when you’re sick or feeling down or just want to watch bad reality TV? If you can find that person, then you’ve found something worth hanging on to.
(3) Girl crushing on: Chrissy Teigen.
(4) The best way to store fresh herbs is important information that I’m always wondering about when grabbing a bunch of parsley or rosemary. Now I know why that basil I placed in a jar wilted so quickly! Thanks, Serious Eats, for taking the guesswork out of this.
(5) My Abuelita (pictured above) schooling us on how to work a bar at wedding. Her tip this wedding season? Order a drink for each hand.