A little saffron is calling in sick today. A sore throat at the end of a very fun weekend away turned into a cold. There’s been a lot of chicken soup around here this week and not too much cooking.
But! I’m determined to be better soon, and there are always a few recipes near the top of my kitchen queue, including a couple I hope to get to this weekend.
(1) The Pellegrino is waiting in the fridge for this Lemon and Basil Fizz. Doesn’t it sound like a great almost-end-of-summer drink? My most recent basil plant is alive and well, and this will be a great way to use some of it.
(2) A drink I can make with leftover rice that tastes like arroz con leche. I’m in.
(3) On some future wonderful day, this Frozen Peanut Butter Pie with Candied Bacon.
(4) This one is so beautiful. Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Cherry Salsa.
(5) I love the idea of making sweet croutons as a topping for ice cream – Caramel Brioche Croutons.
(6) Caramelized Pineapple Quesadillas with Spicy Strawberry Salsa. Yes. A thousand times yes.
(7) Polenta, please, served just like this.
(9) These super skinny fries with lemon salt and rosemary would be just the thing for an afternoon with a cold beer.
(10) Cherry Brown Butter Bars because brown butter is my new favorite thing.
What are you cooking this weekend?